Want to make a hands-on difference in your own community?
There are many opportunities for you or your organization to partner with The Leaven to help children from at-risk communities gain the skills and build the character they need to excel in school — and in life.
In addition to the options listed below, we welcome the opportunity to discuss your ideas for ways you can positively impact the lives of children through our programs.
Work with Students
- Engage regularly with the students as a volunteer at one of our after-school centers, helping children understand and complete their schoolwork.
- Share your passion and expertise by providing an enrichment activity for students. Options include music, dance, art, health or science.
- Be a guest speaker and share stories about your career or life experiences and expose our scholars to different options for their futures.
- Volunteer at neighborhood events that bring our students, families and communities together.
- Demonstrate the importance of community service by designing, facilitating or participating in a community service project with a group of students.
Work with The Leaven Organization:
Help The Leaven build our capacity when you share your knowledge. Opportunities for involvement include:
- Help The Leaven develop and launch cause marketing campaigns.
- Join other business and community volunteers on a committee to plan and launch fundraising events.
- Sponsor an annual event like our popular Great Race event, Annual Gala Event or our NIKE Golf Classic.
- Contribute your expertise in public speaking, marketing or public policy.